Is your PMO delivering the value you expected?
Life sciences companies today are continually developing new products, services and technologies. The resulting project culture leads to a challenge in managing projects effectively. Therefore, many organizations have invested in Program and Project Management organizations (PMO). These organizations often work well for standard projects. However, in a more complex environment we have noticed the following pattern:
- Lack of “content”: career PMOs are experts in methodology, not content or technology
- Lack of authority: with a lack of content comes a lack of authority
- Lack of acceptance: complex projects require a different type of PMO skill-set to gain stakeholder acceptance and add value.
How do we resolve this?
Tenthpin Management Consultants has a Program and Project management practice that goes beyond the provision of Program and Project administrative services. We provide experts who bring substantial know-how about Life Science processes and technologies. Our consultants are trained to provide the required consulting and soft skills to run PMO services with impact. Two examples highlighting the differences:
- Politics and power: Whereas a conventional PMO understands the project organizations, the value PMO seeks to understand the formal and informal power within the relevant organizations.
- Methodology: Not just seeking to understand the methodology, a value PMO understands the purpose and background of a methodology and is able to provide best practice alternatives where applicable without jeopardizing compliance.
The Value PMO collaborates with a conventional PMO. It brings the most value on complex projects and for strategic or directive type of PMO organizations.
What is the result?
A few examples of the results of our services:
- Project reporting does not just follow the predefined measures. It is turned from day-to-day quantitative measures into valuable information and detects issues and risks earlier.
- Risk Management: we actively manage risks from a first indication to a quantified and qualified result with tangible measures and actions.
- Project planning is more than Microsoft project magic. We provide estimates based on benchmarks and experience and can proportion the work into realistic sprints.
How can Tenthpin Management Consultants help you?
Tenthpin has the knowledge and experience to unlock the value from your investment in PMO Services. All our consultants have a unique ‘Tenthpin’ DNA: tech-savvy with a deep understanding of the intricacies of the Life Sciences industry as well as the deliverables of high-value programs. Contact our industry experts at Tenthpin Management Consultants if you would like to learn more.
Stay up to date with the latest #LifeSciences #Pharma #MedDevices #AnimalHealth news by following us on Twitter @TenthpinMC Instagram #LifeAtTenthpin Facebook Tenthpin Management Consultants and our Tenthpin Management Consultants LinkedIn corporate page.